Monday 19 December 2011

Bathing Suit Shopping


Today Sydney and I went shopping to get me a new bathing suit.  Shopping with Sydney is a bit of a challenge right now.  She is just so curious about the world around her and is so interested in everything in the store that she literally wants to walk (run!) all around and touch everything.  If she finds something that she loves, she'll pick it up and pack it around the store for the length of our visit and trying to wrangle it out of her hands before we leave usually ends up in tears and screams.

We went to my old standby store Aqua La Vie en Rose, the swimwear arm of the lingerie store La Vie en Rose.  The carry an excellent selection of bathing suits and beach gear all at very reasonable prices.  It seems that red is all the rage this year, they had an entire wall of red suits, one of which had little black spots all over it, just like a ladybug.  Well, you can imagine where my little ladybug ended up, carrying around her ladybug bikini and saying "Oh nice!"  The ladies at the store were cracking up at her the whole time!

After choosing about 1500 different things to try on, I took Sydney to the change rooms which, much to my shagrin, only had curtains, no doors.  Sydney kept flinging my curtain open, I swear every person in the entire store shopping today saw me naked.  At one point while I was frantically trying on yet another suit she crawled under my curtain and whipped open another customer's curtain.  I heard a little shriek from the startled customer and apologized a million times!

In the end, funnily enough, the ladybug bikini was the one that worked out the best for me, so, much to Sydney's delight, I bought it.  I figured while I was there I may as well get a few other things that I needed so I picked up a beach bag, sunglasses and some sandals.  In the end everything ended up costing just $100, what a deal!

After all the excitement of bathing suit shopping Syd and I decided to head out for lunch and went to Joe's Grill for a bite.  Sydney is getting so much better at sitting for lengths of time at restaurants when we're eating out.  She ate a plate of fries and the toast from my sandwich and then declared "Go! Go!", she was ready to go!

My friend Michelle stopped by tonight with a little Hannukah gift for Sydney.  She gave her the sweetest mini Corolle doll, Sydney actually squealed with delight when she opened it, it was priceless. In fact, I had to pry it out of her hands while she was sleeping to take the picture below, I can tell this baby is fast going to become one of her favourites.  I have been eyeing the Corolle dolls forever, wanting to get Sydney started on a collection of them but not sure how I was going to justify it when we already have about a hundred dolls scattered all throughout the house!  Thank you Michelle for giving me all the reason I needed to start our collection!


She also gave Syd a little book entitled "Red is Best", it is so fitting, as from a very early age Sydney has always shown a preference for the colour red.  She loves anything red and notices it immediately.  We have been working on her colours with her a lot lately and even though she knows quite a few of them, whenever I ask her what colour something is she instantly responds "Red!" and then smiles.

I am loving these long, unscheduled days with Syd.  It's so nice to be out and about and not have to worry about being anywhere at a particular time.  Ah, holidays, gotta love them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment