Sunday 18 December 2011

A Deep Breath

Today I felt as if I exhaled for the first time in a very long time.  It was such a nice, relaxed day and I finally felt as though the busyness of the past couple of months is behind me and I could simply kick back and enjoy the day.  It was nice!

We met up with Paul's brother and his wife for brunch this morning at the Richmond Country Club.  It was great to catch up with them and for them to have a little visit with Sydney.  They brought Syd a little present for Hannukah, this awesome paint made by Colorifics, a local company that makes this lovely washable, non-toxic paint!  It was the perfect gift for Sydney as she loves artwork so much and we seem to go through so much paint between her easel and the cards that she hand paints.  This will bring us hours of fun for sure!



We have received a bunch of other lovely gifts this season too, check out this incredible basket that one of Paul's colleagues gave us, it is huge and amazing and stuffed full of the most awesome gourmet treats!


I also love this pewter bowl that we were given.  It was made by Delia Pewter in Newfoundland.  Each piece is handmade and this is their signature bowl with the maple leaves, a true Canadian icon!


I always feel so blessed at this time of year to be receiving such lovely gifts from everyone.  I often look back at items that I have been given as gifts and remember the person who gave it to me and it warms my heart!

I also love giving gifts and have had so much joy in delivering and sending off all of the lovely things that I found for everyone this year, it is such fun getting all the gifts together, in fact I'm already thinking about what I want to get for everyone next year!

Hope that your week leading up to Christmas is wonderful and filled with many lovely things!

No comments:

Post a Comment