Sunday 4 December 2011

Happy Hannukah Sydney!


This morning we went out to do a little shopping and got Sydney a bit of an early Hannukah present, her very own ipad!  I know, it seems like an extravagant gift for a two year old, but if you saw this girl expertly navigate my iphone on a daily basis you would wonder why we hadn't bought one for her sooner.

I am a huge Apple fan, the more products I buy, the more I fall in love with the brand.  I had thought that maybe we could get Syd a less expensive tablet of her own of another brand name but just couldn't find one that worked with as much ease as this beautiful new ipad.

I have to admit that most of the reason for buying her this today was purely selfish.  The thought of a six hour flight to Hawaii coming up, having to keep her in her seat, was giving me heartburn, so  I shamelessly thought that maybe if we had an ipad for her to use on the flight it would make it a little less painful for everyone, including me.  At least I'm honest enough to admit it!  We'll see if it was worth the investment once we're on the flight, it may or may not capture her interest with so many more interesting things to see on the plane!


Now the fun begins, loading up a zillion photos for her to scroll through, downloading all her favourite apps and some new ones just for the thrill of something new to capture her attention when we need to the most!  I have the feeling by the time this kid's in Kindergarten she's going to be a technical whiz compared to her poor old Mom and Dad who still hand write most everything!  

No comments:

Post a Comment