Sunday 11 December 2011

One of a Kind Show

This morning Paul took Sydney out for a few hours so they could spend some one on one time together while I headed downtown to take in the One of a Kind Show.  This fabulous artisan show comes to Vancouver but once a year and is filled with so many amazing artists who create everything from clothing and jewelery, to food and artwork.  It was incredible!

I stayed for two hours and literally felt as though I was running through the place!  There was so much to see and do, I could have stayed all day!  It was neat to chat with a few of the vendors that I had bought things from in previous years and to meet some new local artisans too, Vancouver sure has no shortage of talented, creative people!!

I got Sydney some new art supplies, some heavy stock cards for painting on and stamping cards and some really cool markers that can write on both her dry erase board and chalk board, perfect for her easel which we use literally every day these days, she's really into it!


I also got her this very cute outfit from LittleMoSo, a very sweet bunny tunic and tights.  The creator of all of these amazing things is Joan, a chartered accountant who is a Mom to three little girls and designs all sorts of amazing things made of organic Bamboo-Cotton for her own girls and has now launched her own business on the side selling them!  She even threw in a pair of panties for Syd to try, her first pair!  I can't imagine the day that she'll be wearing them, it seems so far off but I'm sure it'll be here before I know it.  Joan invited me to make an appointment and come out to her studio on the north shore to check out her full line sometime, I have the feeling that Syd and I will be heading out there in the new year for sure!

I also picked up these very cute hair clips, I wish I could say they were for Syd, but she refuses to keep them in her hair, so we will give them away as gifts instead!


I splurged and got myself a set of very beautiful jewelery by Christophe Poly, a ring, necklace, earrings and cuff bracelet all in a similar design so that I can mix and match what I wear together with different outfits.  I love the abstract design and the gorgeous blue colour of the stones against the gold.  I have so few pieces of gold jewelery as I have been exclusively wearing silver for years so I was excited to get a few pieces in gold to add to my jewelery box!



 
I also got this pair of crystal earrings from Nikki Winterhelt Creations who made me a beautiful Mommy bracelet with Sydney's name on it last year.  It was great to reconnect with Nikki and tell her firsthand how many compliments I have gotten on the bracelet she made for me!


Nikki also makes these very cute nightlights for kids so I got one for Syd's room:


It was such a fabulous morning, I really enjoyed the show and am already planning to spend at least twice the amount of time there next year!  It really is 'one of a kind!'

No comments:

Post a Comment