Monday 5 December 2011

Shopping Day

 
This morning my Mother's Helper Eryn came over and she and Syd and I headed out for a few hours of Christmas shopping.  It felt very good to get a bunch of things crossed off my list after feeling so behind losing a few days to being sick last week!

I needed to get a bunch of gift bags, tissue etc. and was looking for a great dollar store.  My friend Lori suggested I try Dollarama in the Arbutus Shopping Centre so we headed there first thing.  Now, it's been a while since I've been to a dollar store, but this one is absolutely amazing!  Aisle after aisle of great, practical items all for a buck!  I gleefully wheeled my cart around the store piling things in with wild abandon while Eryn entertained Syd playing with various things on the shelves.  I got everything on my list and then some, it was well worth the trip!

We headed to the liquor store to get a few bottles for gifts as well and then onto Safeway to grab some groceries.  We rounded our morning off with a trip to Toys R Us to get all the toys for the kids on our list.  They were having the most amazing sale at Toys R Us, I had to exercise great restraint to not buy a million things for Syd.  I did end up picking her up one thing though, this Ken doll:


Sydney is so into her babies right now which includes all of her stuffed toys and Barbies as well as regular dolls.  I had been mentioning to Paul that all of her dolls were girls, funny isn't it?  He suggested that I get her a boy doll, so when I saw Mr. Nicholas with his dashing pink tie and pouty lips on sale for 70% off today I leapt at the chance to buy it for her!  It will make a great addition to her ever-growing collection of Barbie dolls in her dollhouse!


This afternoon while Sydney was napping, I took some time to assemble the gift bags that I am putting together for some of my Mom friends.  I printed an enlarged photo of each child at Sydney's birthday party and framed it for each Mom, they turned out so well:


Everyone will get a Christmas tin full of homemade baking as well:


And we had to throw in a little something for the kids as well, found these great Sesame Street pop-up Christmas books:

The bags are coming together nicely.  Am looking forward to having a morning of baking next week to get all the treats made and the tins together and then Sydney and I will spend a fun afternoon delivering them all!


Am hoping to finish the last of my shopping tomorrow morning at Oakridge while Sydney's at preschool, can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment