Saturday 3 December 2011

This Week...


It has been a hard, hard week.   It started off with Sydney getting sick last Sunday, promptly followed by me being down with the flu for three days.  Then, the bad news started rolling in, my Uncle John had passed away, my friend Janice, who is expecting a baby in March, was in a bad car accident after being hit by a drunk driver, my friend Charlotte's boyfriend dropped dead of a massive heart attack last night at his staff Christmas party....it has been one tragedy after another.

My heart feels heavy tonight and yet it is times like this that always make me stop, slow down, be grateful for oh so many things.  Like my little girl, who is becoming more and more like a big girl every day.  All the things I used to fret about a few months ago are sorting themselves out, she's talking up a storm, sleeping longer stretches, eating more than ever and is just so much fun to be around.  And Paul, he is steadfast and loyal, hardworking and always there for us.  We are okay, my little family, even when it seems that the world is coming unglued around us!

I was grateful for all the little things this week that lifted my spirits, every cheery Christmas card that arrived in the mail, every text message from a friend checking in, an E-vite to a holiday party, finding a brand new shirt in my closet with the tags still on it that I forgot I had!  Nothing like having a week like mine that makes you appreciate all of the small wonderful things that happen every day.

December is such a fun month, there are so many things to look forward to coming up over the next few weeks, I am sure that the festivities will work their magic on my heart and I'll be feeling my festive, cheery self in no time.  

Looking forward to seeing the clouds part.

No comments:

Post a Comment