Sunday 15 January 2012

An Afternoon Together

 
This afternoon Sydney went over to spend some time with her cousins Issy and Nathan for a while so that Paul and I could spend the afternoon together.  I wasn't sure how dropping her off was going to go, she had been a bit crabby this morning and is still struggling with this cold that won't let up.  Paul and I were fully prepared to turn the car around 15 minutes after we left to come and get her if she wouldn't settle down, but wouldn't you know it, she didn't even flinch when we left.  She gave us both a kiss and took Nathan's hand and went off to find their cat, Nellie, whom she loves.  It was fantastic!

I can't tell you how nice it was for Paul and I to spend some time together on our own.  We were thinking that we would go out for a lovely lunch but also had a bunch of errands to run and stuff that we needed to get for the house, so in the end practicality won out and we headed to Richmond to run our errands.  I couldn't believe how efficient we were without a baby in tow!

We stopped by Canadian Tire to get a couple of things for the house and as I was browsing through the aisles I found this toy organizer, the exact one that I had been looking for for Sydney's playroom.  It was on sale, half price, and was the last one in the store, talk about meant to be!  It took minutes to set up when we got home and is perfect for the space.  It fits a ton of toys and she loves that she can fill all the buckets up on her own!!


We popped by IKEA as well to finish the shopping that I didn't get a chance to do with Sydney a few days ago.  I got a little table complete with a red and blue chair for her playroom too.  It looks so cute in the room!  Once I had it set up, Sydney insisted on getting her tea set and laying it all out on the table for a tea party.  I can't wait for one of her buddies to come over so that she can have a proper tea party with them!


It felt great to get a few things off the list for the playroom and was so nice to have some time with Paul to chat un-interrrupted and get a few things done.  Sydney had a great time with her cousins and they enjoyed having her there for a while to play with.  It was great for everyone!  What a great gift time together is!

No comments:

Post a Comment