Tuesday 24 January 2012

Bellingham

 
Today after preschool, Sydney and I jumped in the car and drove down to Bellingham to do a Trader Joe's run.  I had been dying to do a grocery shop there for so long and just hadn't found a day to make it happen, it felt great to finally get it done!  For those of you who haven't been to Trader Joe's before, you really have to go, they have the most amazing food and tons of organic things at a fraction of the cost in Canada, it's amazing!

The weather on the way to Bellingham was absolutely insane today, raining sheets and wind so hard that it literally pulled my car across the center line of the freeway several times.  It was scary!  Luckily, we made it there safe and sound with Sydney fast asleep in the back seat, oblivious to the storm that we were in!

Trader Joe's never disappoints, I came home with a ton of my usual fare.  I would love to try everything in this store at least once, they have such great, interesting things that you can't find anywhere else!  I got all of my usual standbys today and came home with a couple of new things to try.

Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning is meant to be amazing, it's a blend of spices that you can use on everything from soup to nuts.  I've never tried it before, so I picked up a bottle today, can't wait to give it a try!


I also got Sydney some natural gummy bear multivitamins which I had been wanting to get for her for a long time.  Syd is not the best eater, she is definitely eating way more lately and better than she ever did, but I always worry that she's lacking some essential minerals or vitamins because she typically eats such a narrow diet.  She loved the vitamin gummies, in fact she cried when I put them up high and told her that she couldn't have more until tomorrow!  It makes me feel a bit better about her nutrition knowing that she's getting at least some of the essential nutrients every day!


Syd was up to her usual trick of filling my basket with things that she was randomly grabbing off the shelves, it was funny!  One thing she did grab, that I let her keep, were these freeze dried blueberries, could make a fairly healthy snack to pack in my diaper bag!


Right next to Trader Joe's is this amazing consignment store, Wee Ones Reruns.  I always pop in when I'm in the neighborhood, so today Syd and I took a few minutes to see what they had.  I ended up buying this super cute pink tutu for Syd...I'm thinking I may have to let her wear it to her dance class next week.



I also got this shelf for her playroom with hooks to hang the art smocks on, I had been looking for something like this for the past few weeks and was thrilled to find it in the primary colours that I was looking for!


Right before we headed home, we stopped at Panda Express to get some takeaway.  Paul and I discovered Panda a few years ago in Maui when we were desperate for a takeaway dinner late one night.  It is delicious Chinese food, just the right amount of spice and always fresh and tasty!  It was nice to not have to worry about dinner by the time we got home late this afternoon, we totally enjoyed our Chinese takeout!  We were laughing at the irony of us living in a city with a zillion Chinese people and having to drive to Bellingham to get decent Chinese food....kind of funny!


It felt so good to get away to do a little shopping today with my girl.  Sydney was such a good girl the whole time we were away, we really enjoyed the day together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment