Friday 20 January 2012

Friday



Sydney and I were meant to head out to our friend Rachel's house in West Vancouver for a play date this morning.  We woke up to yet another cold and blustery day with a fresh dusting of snow and calls for freezing rain....I was feeling a bit nervous about doing the long drive out to see Rachel in our car with no snow tires, so we decided to play it safe and stay close to home today.

Back in December our financial advisors sent Paul and I a Starbucks gift card for Christmas, so I thought that today gave Sydney and I the perfect opportunity to have a little coffee date together with our Christmas gift card.  I decided to drive downtown to Robson Street as I needed to get a few things from Kiehl's so we went to the Starbucks there and had a coffee and treat together.  It was fun!

For any of you who haven't tried Kiehl's products, I have to do a little plug here to say that they are far and away the best cosmetic products that I have ever used!  Over the years I have spent countless numbers of dollars on different products and since discovering Kiehl's a number of years ago, have never looked back!  Their products work, plain and simple, and they are so kind to your skin.  They have a great baby line too, I get Sydney a variety of things from body wash and lotion to lip balm!  If you haven't tried their stuff, just do it!  You'll thank me, trust me!


Sydney wanted to go into every shop on Robson, it was so funny!  I ended up buying a purse from Little Burgandy, wasn't planning to even set foot in the store, but when Syd marched in I had to follow her.  They were having a fabulous sale, 30% off the last marked price on handbags so I got this awesome saddle-brown hobo bag.  I'm thinking it will double as a diaper bag of sorts until I find the perfect tote that I've been dreaming about.  My new hobo is huge so I can stuff it full of everything I need for Sydney, I think it will work nicely in the mean time!


It was a fun morning downtown.  We came home to find a couple of parcels on the front porch for us.  I had ordered Syd a pile of clothes from Old Navy for the upcoming spring season (seems funny saying that today, on a cold winter's day!), got some super cute stuff for her!  Also got two puffy coats for next winter for next to nothing as they were clearing out all their winter stuff.  I'll tuck them away until next season and it will be like getting something new all over again when we discover them next November! 



Also got this splash mat from Mimi the Sardine for under the easel in the art corner of Syd's playroom.  Slowly, slowly things are coming together in her new space.  I love it!  It just keeps getting better and better!


So it was a nice end to a week that turned out not quite as we had planned, but we rolled with it and made a few memories along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment