Saturday 28 January 2012

Friends for Dinner

 
Tonight we had our friends Mike and Sarah and their daughter Emma over for dinner.  Emma is Sydney's best friend, they really love each other so much and Paul and I enjoy Mike and Sarah's company so much as well, we really had a great evening together!


I decided to make my favourite rack of lamb for dinner, it is such a great and easy recipe cooked on a bed of cherry tomatoes and turns out perfectly every time!  Sydney, of course, wouldn't even try the lamb, but Emma absolutely loved it, ate each rack like a popsicle, it was awesome!  Syd and Emma had fun playing in the new playroom, I love how they are interacting so much with each other now that they are a bit older.  Something tells me these gals are going to be great friends in the years to come.


Sarah and Mike brought the most delicious bottle of wine tonight to go along with our lamb, it was so yummy!  They also brought me a bottle of olive oil that they bought from a new store, Vancouver Olive Oil Company.  This store lets you do tastings before you buy a freshly bottled jar of olive oil.  Sarah chose a rather bold flavoured olive oil for me from California, I can't wait to try it!!  What a fantastic hostess gift!  I use so much olive oil in cooking and to dip bread in that it won't last long around here!


We also inherited a bag full of clothes and shoes that Emma had outgrown!  Emma passed along this very cute furry jacket and fleece and sweater dress, love the pom-poms!



I served angel food cake with strawberries and kiwis and whip cream for dessert, it felt a little like a birthday party as that's my go-to cake for birthdays!


It was so fun to have some friends over for a visit today, looking forward to many more fun nights with Sarah and Mike!

P.S.  Tonight marks my 200th blog entry!  Quite exciting to think that I have shared that many days online right here with you!  Thanks for reading!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment