Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year 2012!


I have to say that the start of a new year brings on a whole new meaning now that I'm a Mom.  Instead of spending the latter half of the month of December mulling over my own resolutions and making plans for things to do that make me happy, I now gleefully think about all the amazing things that I am going to experience with Sydney in the coming year.  This year she is going to turn three and start preschool five days a week in the fall, seems hard to imagine.  She will hopefully be potty-trained before the year is out and we will have our "Bye-Bye Diapers" party.  She will continue on her way to becoming a big girl and I will try my best to slow the time down!


I do have a few resolutions this year, one of which is to find myself as much help as I can in every capacity.  I find myself feeling a bit weary and worn these days trying to keep up with life, so have resolved to find myself a housekeeper, evening babysitter and steady Mother's Helper.  I am also going to take people up on their offers to entertain Sydney for an hour or two so that Paul and I can spend some time alone together which we rarely get!  All of this combined, will hopefully help to recharge my diminishing battery and enable me to face each day with renewed energy and vigor to pour back into raising my sweet girl!

I have a couple of projects that I want to tackle this year too, one of which is to finally finish the scrapbook of the first year of Sydney's life that I last worked on the night I went into labour!  I also am going to transform our media room in the lower level to a playroom for Syd, am so looking forward to seeing that come together!


I can't help but be wistful at this time of year looking back on 2011.  This blog is amazing in so many ways, but especially because it literally is a daily journal of my year with Sydney and what a year it has been!  We have done so many amazing things together and are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in our life.  I feel so grateful to have such an incredible life and to have been blessed with Paul and Sydney, it is more than I could have ever asked for!


So bring on 2012, may you be a year of growth and building wonderful memories together!

No comments:

Post a Comment