Friday 6 January 2012

Mommy Blogs





When I started writing this blog, I have to admit, I was inspired by the many, many great Mommy blogs that I was reading on a daily basis.  It was so encouraging to know that there were other Moms out there who faced the same day that I did and found such amazing, positive things to bring to light.  It was also gratifying to know that those same Moms had days where they felt like their heads were going to pop off and used their blogs as an avenue to vent some of that steam.


I feel as though the past couple of days I have definitely blown off some steam right here on these online pages.  What a great outlet this has been!  Thank you for reading my rants and for your empathy!

One of the Mommy blogs that I have been reading on a regular basis, and have fallen in love with, is "Enjoying the Small Things."  This amazing Mama, Kelle, lives in Florida with her two sweet girls, one of which was born with Down Syndrome.   Kelle is the most amazing, positive, hilarious, inspiring Mom that I have ever known.  And by known, I really do mean known, after reading her blog for the better part of two years I really feel as though I know her and her family.  Without knowing it, Kelle has lifted my spirits and inspired me to find joy in an ordinary day more times that I can count!  I actually look forward to reading her blog entry at the end of every day, if you get the chance, check it out!

Today was a fairly mellow day with Syd.  We started a new round of Phoenix Gymnastics, Sydney's all time favourite weekly activity.  She was only too happy to see her beloved trampolines in the gym today and totally refused to follow any of the circuits that the other kids were doing, instead wanted to jump on the tramps or slide into the foam pit.  So I indulged her, bottom line was she was getting some exercise and having fun, what more could we ask for?

After gymnastics we decided to head to the Thai House for lunch to satisfy a craving for Pad Thai that I had been having for the past week!  I love having lunch alone with Syd, it's so cute to see her little face sitting across the table from me and to have a little chat with her while sharing a meal.  I can only hope that we do this together a million more times in my lifetime!  I often imagine she and I lunching together when she is an adult and hearing all the amazing things that are going on in her life, I will never grow tired of hearing from my little girl!

So the first week of 2012 is over, it was a bit of a bumpy ride, but all in all it felt great to get back into our scheduled activities and settle into life as we know it.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment