Thursday 5 January 2012

Some Late Night Shopping

 
I have to admit that Sydney is really starting to challenge me lately.  I'm not sure if it's something about being two or just a phase that she's going through, but she can often be found getting into mischief or being generally uncooperative when Mom wants her to do something specific.  She also loves to get her own way and is not afraid to let the world know how displeased she is when she doesn't get it...This coupled with the fact that she skips her daytime nap about fifty percent of the time makes for some very long days with my little monkey.

Today was one of those days.  Right from the moment she woke up in the morning she was standing on my last nerve.  It was her first day back to preschool after the break, she was so excited to go back, I couldn't believe how happy she was to be there!  It was the highlight of our day!  Beyond that, it was a lot of Mommy trying to convince red-head to do something, red-head refusing, and so the dance began.

By 6:30pm, as Paul and I were eating dinner and she was refusing to eat a thing besides ice cream, she was melting down and ready for bed.  Sleeping beauty was fast asleep before 7:30pm so I decided to stuff cleaning up the kitchen and straightening up the house, and headed out to South Granville to have a little time on my own.

Little did I know that there are only two stores open past 7:00pm on Granville on a Thursday night, Plum Clothing Company and Chapters, but both were kind to me and I came away with a bag full of things from both stores.  Nothing like a little retail therapy to take the edge off of your day.  I felt like a new woman two hours later when I came through the door.  God bless after Christmas sales, nothing quite lifts your spirits like a good deal.

I got a Dex sweater and two pairs of earring at Plum, all of which was about 70% off, amazing!  It felt so nice to get a few new things for myself.


I love Chapters too, I could easily spend half my life savings and forty hours a week just browsing through their aisles!  They have the most amazing Indigo Kids section at the Granville Chapters, I had been wanting to check it out for a while and was thrilled to see all the amazing things they had!

As luck would have it, I happened to notice the cashier marking down a gigantic pile of kids books to $1 each so I grabbed a stack for Syd and a stack of French ones for her buddy Emma, what a deal!  Also got a few art supplies from the very large selection of Melissa and Doug merchandise that they have.  Something tells me I'll be back to this very spot sometime soon!


It was just the break I needed to take a breather from my day dealing with Little Miss Two.  Here's hoping tomorrow is a little easier on us both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment