Friday 13 January 2012

Some New Clothes for Sydney


I love to shop.  This is no secret to anyone who knows me.  I love the entire process of going to the stores, hunting through heaps of things to find just what you're looking for, carrying that crisp, new bag around and then unpacking it when you get home.  The whole process is exhilarating to me!

I also love getting a deal more than anyone I know.  I figure any old idiot can walk into a store and pay full price for something, but it takes some skill to find something great at an amazing price.  I have been known to go to great lengths to get deals on most everything, it's kind of a gift, what can I say?  I can still tell you in perfect detail some of the most amazing finds that I have gotten over the years for so little money!!

Having a little girl is really such a delight when you love to shop.  I could literally buy something sweet and pink for her everyday of her life!  The other day during my hour at Oakridge mall while Syd was at preschool, I walked past Gymboree and noticed that they are having their semi-annual Big Red Balloon Sale.  This means crazy deals on most everything in the store.  I had only fifteen minutes to spend rummaging through heaps of clothes in bargain bins and surfaced with these three sweet bottoms for Sydney:

I absolutely adore this white denim skirt, she is going to look like a doll in it!


And these daisy printed capris have summer written all over them...


And baby Bermuda shorts, could they get any cuter?


I also recently hit up one of my favourite consignment shops Classy Kids the other day with Syd and found this awesome Next raincoat for her, I love the bright yellow colour and unique design, it's going to look fabulous on her!


The past two times I've been to Classy Kids, Sydney has found these ladybug leggings and carried them around the store with her the entire time.  Last time, I managed to wrangle them out of her hands before we left but this time she was determined to take them home with her so we bought them too, what the heck, we're all about the ladybug theme these days anyways!


I have at least six pairs of jeans in Sydney's closet that are the perfect length for her, but too big in the waist, she is tall and thin, my girl!  I was thinking that I was literally going to have to give the pants away until my friend Tracy told me about these amazing Snap Toddler Belts.  These super cute, handmade belts from Etsy, thread through the loops on the back of a pair of jeans and snap together to tighten the waist up.  They work like a charm!  Syd has been able to wear all six pairs of jeans, it's fantastic!





It's almost time to start thinking about getting some new spring clothes for Syd, I love that I get to do a big shop for her every season as she grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment