Sunday 22 January 2012

Tea


I love tea.  Always have.  I have been drinking tea since I was about five years old because I, like my daughter, hated drinking milk.  So my Mom would make my sister and I a warm cup of half tea, half milk in the morning before we went to school so that we were, in fact, drinking our milk without even knowing it!

Lately, I have been drinking enough tea to drown a horse!  I don't know if it's something about the cold winter weather, or if I'm just secretly loving the extra energy all that caffeine gives me, but several times throughout the day I can be found with my hands tightly wrapped around a warm mug of tea.

One of my favourite places to buy tea is David's Tea.  They have the most amazing selection, anything you could ever really want.  I love walking into their store, they hand you a teeny-tiny cup of tea to sample and then happily pop open dozens of canisters for you to smell before you decide what you'd like to take home.


My friend Sally, who moved back to Australia last May, also loved tea as much as I did, and had a little addiction to David's.  At any given time she had a dozen or more tins of their tea on her counter top.  I loved going over to visit Sally for tea, she would always ask what kind I felt like and I would always answer "surprise me" and she would make the most amazing pot ever.  When the time came for her to head home to Australia, she sadly couldn't take any food items with her, so I inherited a few of her tins from David's.  Then my friend Andrea got me a sampler box at Christmas and I was hooked...I had to have more.


So this past week while Syd was at preschool, I strolled into David's, drank my wee cup of loveliness and came home with my two new favourites:  "Buttered Rum" and "Read My Lips".  Both are on the sweeter side, the buttered rum has dried coconut in it and has a very tropical flavour to me, kind of nice in the middle of a cold January!


There is something so comforting about a cup of tea, either alone or shared with someone you love.  Make yourself a cup today and think of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment