Thursday 16 February 2012

Croup

 
Well, it seems that all that relaxing I did at the spa yesterday couldn't have come at a better time as Sydney's little sniffles turned serious quickly last night.  She started coughing quite a bit late in the day and then when I put her to bed it was getting quite bad and she was wheezing and having a hard time breathing.  When her cough turned to the sound of a seal's bark, I knew that I had a case of croup on my hands.

So I spent most of last night "sleeping" upright in a chair holding her on my chest so she could breathe better and taking her out in the cold night air when the coughing got really bad.  She managed to get a few hours of straight sleep in the bed after 5:00am this morning, which kept me going throughout the day!

So off to the doctor we went, she listened to her lungs, which, thankfully, sounded good, but she confirmed that she thought Syd had croup which should clear up in a couple of days.

So we cancelled all of our activities for the day and just hung out at home.  I thought we should crack open the packages that we picked up the other day at Point Roberts.  I got Sydney a Kidorable ladybug raincoat and rainboots, I had been promising her that I would get her this set since she first saw them on someone else's coat rack at school back in September and found them for a steal online, she was SO excited to get them!  She wore them around the house for hours afterwards, wouldn't let me take them off, so cute!



I also ordered her this book holder for her playroom so we put it together this afternoon and filled it with books.  It looks great in the room with all of the fun, bright primary colours!


We got a special treat in the mail today from Grandma and Grandpa for Sydney.  A Valentine's card filled with awesome Valentine's stickers for her.  She was thrilled to get something just for her, within two minutes she had stuck all the stickers from one sheet onto the inside of the card that my parents sent and then exclaimed: "Oh how gorgeous!"  It was so lovely to get a little surprise on a day when we needed it the most!



So here's hoping that we have a slightly better night tonight and that this bout of croup is over and done with soon.  I simply cannot wait for cold and flu season to be over and for us to all feel healthy and well again!

No comments:

Post a Comment