Sunday 19 February 2012

Eat Something....Anything!


Sydney's cold is slowly on it's way out.  She is still hacking away like a 80 year old with emphysema, but I can tell that the cough is getting less intense and less frequent.  A few more days and the worst should be over!

While she's been sick, Syd has hardly been eating a thing, a little bite of this, a little bite of that and a whole lot of popsicles.  Being that she doesn't have any extra weight to begin with, I was getting a bit worried about how little she had ingested in the past few days, so this afternoon I decided to make a couple of her favourite things in hopes of luring her into eating something!

I whipped up a batch of latkes today, Sydney loves them...come to think of it, so do I!  Syd sat perched on the counter helping me peel potatoes with her own peeler and then rinsing them off in the sink.  She watched while I chopped and grated, fried and flipped and then ate half a latke before pronouncing "no thanks".   I have the feeling I'm going to be eating a whole lot of latkes over the next week or so....


I also made some banana muffins which are always a big hit.  I usually make the mini muffins for Syd, but figured I'd make the full sized ones today so that Paul and Zach had a treat to take to work with them tomorrow.  Syd did devour one of these and I breathed a sigh of relief, at least she'd had something reasonable to eat today!


We decided to take advantage of the dry day today and took Syd out for a walk to Granville Island this morning.  It felt so good to get outside and get some exercise.  I have been so lazy about going to my fitness classes lately and am feeling fluffy and in need of a good solid workout!  I definitely felt better after I'd gotten out for a walk this morning, cleared the cobwebs and enjoyed some lovely fresh air!


Here's hoping that this week is back to "normal" and that the worst of cold and flu season is behind us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment