Friday 24 February 2012

Funk


I feel as though I have been in a bit of a funk these past few weeks and not truly savouring Sydney, or my days with her, as much as I mean to.  2012 has gotten off to a rough start health-wise for us!  It feels as though every week since the beginning of January either myself, Paul or Sydney has been suffering with an illness or injury.  I think it's starting to wear on me a bit, to the point where I'm having to look pretty darn hard each day to see the joy in it.  I'm finding myself being unusually short-tempered with Syd and really not letting her dictate the rhythm of our days.  I don't like this, it needs to change.  I want out of this funk!

Today Sydney and I went to our friend Christina and Jack's house for an afternoon playdate.  I really enjoy Christina's company, she and I are a lot alike in personality and I really feel an affinity with her!  Her little guy Jack is such a sweet little thing, here he is on his 2nd birthday:


(Photo courtesy of my very talented friend, Lori who faithfully packs her camera to all of our kid's birthday parties and then sends us the most amazing shots of our kids afterwards!)

I love how Sydney makes herself at home so quickly in other people's homes when we're visiting.  While Christina and I were chatting and sharing a bottle of wine, Sydney quietly disappeared upstairs.  When I went to find her a few minutes later, I found her sitting quietly at Jack's little table and chairs in the upstairs office, colouring away in one of his colouring books like it was her own room!  It was very cute!

I am so grateful to have so many amazing Mom friends in my life and love that I can tap into their energy when mine seems to be wearing thin!  Christina is a positive, energetic woman and she inspires me to shake myself out of this funk and get out to do some fun things!  She teaches Mom and toddler yoga on Sunday mornings at Granville Island, Sydney and I are definitely going to try her class out!  It will be a fun way to start our week and a good excuse to get Syd to practice her Downward Dogs!


So here's to shaking myself out of this funk, doing whatever it takes to inject some positive energy back into my days and finding joy around every corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment