Saturday 25 February 2012

Happy Birthday Bea!



This afternoon Sydney and I went downtown to Jump! Gymnastics to celebrate her friend Bea's 2nd Birthday.  Bea is such a sweet, sweet girl.  She was so excited to be at her party today, you could totally tell that she completely got that today was all about her and having fun with her friends.  It was such a delight to see her merrily running about the gym today, thouroughly enjoying herself!

Bea has the hugest blue eyes ever and the sweetest round face.  Between that and her petite stature, she literally looks like a live doll.  She is so cute that I can hardly stand it sometimes!


(Again, photo courtesy of my very talented friend Lori and her amazing photographic skills!)

Sydney fell asleep in the car minutes before we arrived at the party so she took a while to warm up and play once we got there, but once she was fully awake, she had tons of fun playing in the ball pit, on the slide and on the various balance beams.  The gym is one of her favourite activities and such a good venue for a two-year-old party!

Syd was thrilled to get a helium balloon to take home at the end of the party, I tied it around the handle of my purse thinking that it would be safe until we got home.  Then we decided to stop and pick up a pizza for dinner and as I pulled my purse out of the car with Sydney in my arms to get our pizza, the beloved balloon slipped off my purse handle and up and away into Neverland.  Poor Sydney, the look on her face was heartbreaking!  She watched the balloon sail away until it was just a tiny speck in the sky before declaring: "Balloon go bye-bye".  It was so sad, I apologized a million times for letting it slip away and promised to buy her another one from the toy store tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure she's going to hold me to it when tomorrow comes, she's got the most amazing memory these days!


Erin, Bea's Mom, came up with the most amazing take-home for the kids, this very cool wooden bird house complete with a little baggie of bird seed!  I love it!  Sydney and I are going to spend an afternoon painting it, I think it will make an excellent art project, before hanging it up in the backyard to see if we can attract any birds. 


It was so nice to see a group of Mom friends today and for Sydney to have some time to play with her buddies, it was just what we needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment