Monday 6 February 2012

Manic Monday

 
Today flew by, quite literally.  It was a busy day from the moment that I got up.  I looked at my daytimer at the beginning of this week and realized that I may have planned a couple too many things this week, I think I was being a tad overly ambitious about what we could accomplish!  We'll give it our best shot though and try and have a little fun along the way!

We had Sydney's dance class this morning at Kits Community Centre.  We've been going for just over a month and I wasn't sure how much Sydney was really getting out of it.  She participated in class sometimes, but often just wanted to sit back and observe.  Just when I was thinking that we would probably scrap dance for the next semester of activities, Syd started doing some of the moves at home.  She was just taking it all in during class and doing it later, I love it!  We always start the class with a rousing round of "Ring Around the Rosy", tonight while I was making dinner Syd was singing her broken version of it at the top of her lungs.  So adorable!  I think we'll have to keep dance on our list of activities for the spring!

This afternoon, after we got home from my fitness class, my Mother's Helper, Eryn, came over and she and Syd and I went out to run some errands together.  I love how efficiently I can get things done with an extra set of hands to help out!  We headed downtown to Pacific Centre mostly because I had to go to Bath and Body Works.  I love their hand soap so much and with six bathrooms in the house, we go through a fair share of it!  So Syd helped me pick out some new fragrances today:


She also chose these three little bottles of hand sanitizer to buy.  Sydney is nuts about hand sanitizer.  I think I may have used it a few too many times on her because she loves it so much, can spot a dispenser from a mile away and often rummages through my purse looking for these pocket-sized bottles to give herself a shot.  She was only too happy to be able to choose three of her own today!


After getting all our errands done we decided to treat ourselves with a little ice cream, so we headed to the Dairy Queen in the food fair and had ice cream cones together.  Syd was in heaven, shopping, new hand sanitizer and an ice cream cone.  The best day ever!!

We rushed home to meet up with some construction guys who are here doing a bit of work on the house and before I knew it, it was bedtime and the day was done.  We literally didn't have a moment to catch our breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment