Thursday 9 February 2012

Playdates

 

Today was a full day.  I love that our days are starting to feel a bit busier and that the lull of the January doldrums seems so far behind us!  Early this morning, while Syd and I were still in our pajamas, our new cleaning lady, Jeanie, came over to clean house.  Among other things, she cleaned out the entire inside of my fridge, a job that sadly, hadn't been done in months! 


She actually wiped down every bottle and container, took out all the shelves and drawers and scrubbed everything down.  It looks so amazing!  I literally wanted to stand in front of the fridge with the door open for fifteen minutes just to soak it all in.  It has been bothering me forever, I was so glad to finally get it cleaned today!

Syd had school this morning.  Shortly before we left for school, she was rifling through her closet and found this pair of shoes that I bought for her a while ago to grow into.  She absolutely loves these Sketchers because they have little lights that blink when she walks in them!


She begged me to wear them to school today.  I watched her walk around the house in them for a while and decided that she seemed agile enough in them, even though they were still a titch too big for her, so relented and let her wear them.  Then we got to school and she tripped three times within the first two minutes on the carpet, kept catching the front of the too-big shoe!  She managed to make it through the day and gym play time without falling and braining herself, thankfully!  I may have to hide these shoes until her feet grow a bit more to avoid any accidents in the future...

After school we went over to Sydney's buddy Leo's house for a play date.  Leo and Sydney go to preschool together and his Mom and I have gotten to know each other quite well so it was nice to finally have the chance to hang out with them outside of school!  They have a lovely new home in the Main Street area with a fantastic playroom that the kids absolutely loved!  Sydney's other buddy from school, Henry, and his Mom Christine came over as well.  We enjoyed a lovely lunch of sushi and wine while the kids played, it was a great way to spend a rainy afternoon!



Sydney fell asleep in the car on the way home, so I decided to park in the garage, recline my own seat and take a little nap myself with her!  It was nice to catch a few moments of rest midday!  While I was sleeping, my friend Lori called to see if I could come by to watch her son Weston for a quick hour while she was out at a preschool open house, so Syd and I bundled up and headed up the street to Weston's house for a spur-of-the-moment play date!  The kids had so much fun together, I love how much they are interacting with each other and are so interested in what the other is doing!  They loved chasing Weston's cat, Lily, around the house and playing with Weston's new train table.  It was such a nice bonus playdate at the end of our day!


Tomorrow we are celebrating Paul's son, Zach's, 26th birthday with dinner downtown at Hy's Restaurant.  While Sydney was at school today, I did a little shopping for a wee gift for Zach from Syd and got this fantastic tie from Harry Rosen.  It will be sweet to see her give it to him tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment