Saturday 11 February 2012

Shopping Saturday

 

Last night we enjoyed a lovely dinner out celebrating Paul's son, Zach's 26th birthday.  Sydney was such a good girl at dinner.  I came armed with a giant handbag filled with things to keep her entertained, her ipad, crayons, colouring book, stickers, snacks galore.  Seems all I needed was seven other people at the table to keep this girl entertained all night!

Syd couldn't wait to give Zach his present.  We had barely gotten settled at the table when she was digging it out of the gift bag and handing it to him.  She gave him this great tie from Harry Rosen along with one of her signature handmade cards:



We also got him this ipod docking station clock radio thing, turns out he'd been wanting one for a while so it was a great gift for him.  Syd actually ripped all the wrapping off this gift before she'd even let Zach touch it.  It was too funny!


Poor Syd ate way too much chocolate birthday cake, way too late in the day at the end of dinner, and ended up barfing all over herself in the car on the way home!  What an exciting end to our evening!

I was happy to see the weekend come and to have today to spend together.  A few of my favourite shops are having such amazing sales right now, I couldn't resist dragging Paul and Syd out today to accompany me for a bit of retail therapy!

Two of my favourite kids shops on Dunbar, Splash Toys and Peekaboo Baby Boutique are having their semi-annual sale right now, where literally everything in the store is discounted.  I still had a bit of the Christmas money that my parents had sent Syd burning a hole in my wallet, so I decided to buy her a few more pieces to her Wow Toys collection:


I also picked up this sweet doll for her friend Beatrice who is turning two in a couple of weeks:



And I couldn't resist stocking up on some art supplies for her while the getting was good.  Got some new paint, which we can always use, some sparkle glue to add a new dimension to her card making, and some colourful clay, so fun!


We hit up Wear Else today as they were having an huge sale.  Wear Else has become one of my all time favourite stores since having Sydney.  They have such amazing ladies there to help you and beautiful, stylish clothes.  I try and hit them up at the end of the season to get some great pieces on sale, today I picked up a black Michael Kors tunic and these awesome Cole Haan waterproof wedge black leather boots, love them!


We spent a long while wandering around 4th Avenue today, I love how much Syd loves being out and about in the world.  She is so observant, notices so many things when we're out.  It's hard not to have her enthusiasm for the way in which she sees the world be contagious!

I really enjoyed my Saturday shopping, got some great things and spent a relaxing time with Paul and Syd!  This is what weekends are made of!

No comments:

Post a Comment