Wednesday 15 February 2012

Some Me Time

 
Today turned out to be kind of a special day for me as I finally got around to having my long awaited day at the spa.  I had been dying to get a facial for a couple of months and then in December, my esthetician sent me a card for a free massage as her gift to me, and I thought, what better way to pamper myself for an afternoon than with a facial and a massage?


So I took advantage of my new found Mother's Helper Nadine and took both she and Syd with me to see Tammy at Allure Health and Beauty.  I packed my mommy basket to the brim with books and toys, crayons and the ipad along with a million snacks for Syd to keep her occupied while I was there.


Was she ever a good girl!  She and Nadine played quietly together the entire two hours that I was there!  At one point I even forgot for a second that she was in the building as I drifted in and out of sleep while Tammy was giving me my facial. 

Tammy gives the most amazing facials, every step is absolutely delightful and she uses the most beautiful products from the Gatineau line that leave your skin feeling so silky and smooth for days after!  Between the dryness of the winter and a couple of weeks in Hawaii, my face was looking pretty dry and dull, but by the time I left I looked all fresh and dewy, almost five years younger, it was fantastic!


Tammy treated me to a hot stone massage as well.  It was sensational!  At one point she alternated between hot and cold stones on my back, what an amazing sensation.  I felt so limber and alive when I left, I was like a new woman!


It's amazing what two hours at the spa can do for your soul.  I came away feeling refreshed and renewed and thinking that I really should do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment