Monday 27 February 2012

Sydney's New Train Table

 
This morning Sydney and I took a drive out to West Vancouver to pick up her new train table that I found for a steal of a deal on Craigslist.  Sydney has been absolutely loving playing with the Brio trains that belonged to her brother Zach, some twenty years ago, and we've had quite an elaborate set of tracks set up on the floor of her playroom.  Ever since seeing how much she loved the trains, I have been thinking that I would love to get her a train table.

This beauty is absolutely perfect in our space and is in primary colours in keeping with our colour scheme!  It has six huge bins underneath that hold extra track and trains, Syd loves that she can store stuff underneath and pull it up whenever she needs it! 



The very sweet lady who was selling the table graciously offered to help me load it into my car.  Even though I had measured it out the day before, it quickly became clear that there was no way that the table and Sydney and her car seat were going to fit in the back seat together.  After about 45 minutes of struggling with every which angle, I gave up, shoved the table in the back with all the seats down, and did something I swore I'd never do, moved Sydney's car seat to the front seat next to me.  I deactivated the airbag on her side and drove home on tenderhooks, with a knot in my stomach, praying that we wouldn't get into an accident or get pulled over!  Thankfully, we made it home safely and Sydney loved being in the front and being able to see everything so well!  I sternly warned her that this was the first, and last time that she was ever riding in the front in her car seat!

Syd literally played at the table non-stop, all day from the moment we brought it home!  It was a great buy!

This afternoon I had my Mother's Helper Eryn here.  I thought that a good art project for she and Sydney to work on would be painting the birdhouse that Sydney got from her friend Bea's birthday party on the weekend.  Sydney carefully worked to cover each panel with paint completely, she must have learned that from art class as we often cover an entire surface when working on a project! 


In the end this is what it looked like:


We filled it with birdseed, took it outside together and hung it in the Japanese Maple tree in our backyard so that she can see it from the kitchen window.  I so hope that one day we see a little bird at the house, Sydney would be thrilled!


So our week got off to a very nice start, let's hope it continues along!

No comments:

Post a Comment