Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day

 
What a fun day Sydney and I had today celebrating Valentine's Day!  Yesterday she and I spent some time getting a few surprises together for Daddy and Zach to discover this morning. 

We took a little drive down to Siegel's Bagels and picked up a dozen heart shaped bagels for the boys to enjoy for breakfast.  Siegel's has, arguably, the best bagels in Vancouver and there is something even better about them when they are shaped into a heart!  Paul and Zach loved them!


I made Paul and Zach triple decker roast beef heart sandwiches to take to work with them.  I cut out each slice of bread with my heart cookie cutter and layered on barbecue sauce and roast beef, they turned out great and the boys thought they were so cool!




Sydney and I made some very special Valentine's for both Paul and Zach too, I love how they turned out.  She used her glittery glue for the first time ever, they look fantastic!


I decided to dig out my Message in a Cookie kit and whip up a batch of sugar cookies for the occasion as well:


After everyone had gone to bed for the night last night, I snuck down to the kitchen and laid out all the treats on the kitchen counter for a wonderful Valentine's morning surprise:



Of course, I had to get something special for Syd too, so I got her this new Valentine's plate and cup for her Valentine's breakfast and wrapped up her airplane from Wow Toys that we got a few days ago.  She was so thrilled to get some presents this morning, but especially loved the cup with it's sparkles floating around inside!



After school today, Syd and I drove to Point Roberts to pick up a couple of parcels that were waiting for us there.  On the way, we stopped in Tsawwassen to visit with my friend Melissa and her little one Ruby.  We had a lovely visit with them, Sydney and Ruby are about the same age and were just so sweet playing together today!

When we got home, Syd and I had a little cupcake party together to finish the day off, such fun! 


I love how Sydney makes every holiday just so much better.  It is so fun establishing traditions with her and making some great memories along the way.  Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment