Thursday 15 March 2012

Extraordinary

 

Wow, has it been a long week!  With Sydney's ear infection and subsequent stomach upset from the antibiotics, it's been all I can do just to keep up with her.  By Tuesday evening I was feeling pretty run ragged, so I called Paul at the office and asked if he would mind picking up some sushi on the way home, just so I wouldn't have to deal with making dinner, thinking that it would ease my load for the week.

Well that didn't quite work out....about twelve hours after eating our sushi, Paul fell ill with the worst case of food poisoning ever.  It literally put him out of commission for two days.  Which meant that between trying to help him recover and dealing with Syd, my week went from bad to worse.

I have to admit that I am sick of us being sick.  It seems as though every week since Christmas, one of the three of us has either been injured or sick, it's horrible!  I feel as though I need to brace myself for the next bout of something bad to come along!

But again, the whole point of this blog is to find the extraordinary in the ordinary so I wandered through my house with my camera and found some things that I love about this week:

Sydney's New Potty:


Ever since buying this new potty for Syd she has been using it consistently to pee a few times a day, we are making great progress with the potty training!

Big Girl Bed:



Sydney has slept five nights in her own bed!  I have hauled her back into bed with me while she's been under the weather, but we are well on our way to having her sleep on her own throughout the night!  I got a new bed rail for her toddler bed as she fell out one night!  It works great, a better night's sleep is around the corner, I can feel it!

Gifts from Issy:





We went to visit Sydney's cousin Issy this morning.  He met us at the door with three new stuffed toys for Sydney that he won at the Purim carnival at the synagogue, a new dolly (we named her Isabella after Issy), a green frog, and a Dalmation.

Art Project:


We walked up to 4 Cats art studio to pick up Sydney's last completed art project from the winter term at art class, check out this masterpiece!

Baby Josie:


By far, the best thing that happened this week is the birth of my friend Janice's baby girl!  Sydney and I spent a morning making a card to send her to welcome her to the world.  I think it turned out pretty well!

A Deal:


This past weekend, before the wheels completely came off with our health, we went to Costco and they had the most amazing sale on Carters's dresses and onesies, $4 each!  I got Syd a few things, I had forgotten about them in the madness of this week, but discovered them in her room when I was cleaning up yesterday and happily hung them in her closet.  Gotta love a deal!

So onwards and upwards we go.  This week has taught me that even when things are looking dismal, there is always a bit of greatness shining through the darkness, sometimes you just have to look a little harder than other times to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment