Friday 23 March 2012

Friday Morning Playdate

 
What a difference a week makes!  Last Friday, exactly one week ago today, I spent the morning with Syd, sick and dehydrated, at Children's Hospital.  I was tired and worn, worried and frazzled.  Today I woke up to a beautiful blue sky, sun streaming into our bedroom and Syd's little head snuggled on my chest with her curls tickling my nose.  Heavenly!

This morning we had our friends Andrea, Aaro and Hattan and Sarah and Emma over for a playdate.  We hadn't seen Andrea in so long, it felt so wonderful to reconnect with her and see how much her boys had grown!  Andrea is one of my favourite Moms ever.  She is kind and sweet, thoughtful and just plain lovely to be around!  She also loves to cook and bake, worked professionally in New York as both a caterer and in restaurants, so she always inspires me with the amazing things she makes!

Today was no exception, she showed up at the door with a homemade glazed lemon loaf for me, it was pure perfection.  I love lemon loaf.  In fact, I was inspired to start writing this blog by an amazing lemon loaf that I made almost one year ago. 


She also brought Sydney the cutest gift, this puppy in a purse!  Sydney is very much a girly-girl and really does love a good purse.  She also loves stuffed toys, so this gift was the perfect combo of things for her!  She toted the purse around for the better part of the morning.  I'm sure it will be accompanying us on many an errand in the future!


Sarah and Emma are always so wonderful to be around as well.  We love them so much and are so grateful to be able to see them on a fairly consistent basis!  Sarah made the most amazing carrot and zucchini muffins and brought some to share today.  They are super healthy and delicious!  She always inspires me to find healthier versions of our favourite treats to make!


I managed to steal a small spot in the playroom for a wee table to put our snacks on so that we could snack and play all in one spot.  The kids really enjoyed the playroom, I'm loving it more and more every time we use it! 


I am so grateful for this week, for health, for great friends, a perfectly lovely day and for the incredible stretch of sunshine that today brought.  Let the weekend begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment