Monday 12 March 2012

Josie

 
This morning one of my dearest, lifelong friends, Janice, became a Mom.  Her sweet baby girl, Josie Anne, was born a few hours later than anticipated.  Janice had a scheduled C-Section for 7:30 this morning but she and her husband got stuck in stand-still traffic on the way to the hospital and missed their appointment time all together!  Fortunately, after a few hours of waiting, sweet Josie was delivered as scheduled today!


Janice and I have been friends since we were literally about five years old, well over 30 years!  Anyone who knows both of us would agree that Janice and I have inherently opposite personalities.  While I am loud and outgoing, Janice tends to be more on the quiet and introspective side.  She is academic and mindful of the things she says.  I am not exactly a bookworm and have verbal diarrhea most of the time.  But for as much as we're different, our differences are what makes us such great friends.  Our friendship has stood the test of time, through many stages of our lives.  We have countless memories of trips and times together that I will remember as long as I live!  For all these reasons and more, I am so thrilled to be able to share motherhood with Janice and am so looking forward to our girls getting to know each other over the years!

Janice's parents have always been very special to me.  I have to admit that I was a little tearful when I saw these pictures today of them holding their very first grandchild.  I know that they will be amazing grandparents to Josie!


For Christmas this past year, I gave Janice a very special gift for Josie's nursery.  This plaque with Josie's name on it was lovingly made by my friend Rachel's sister especially for Josie.  Janice has it hanging on the door of Josie's nursery.  I love that something I gave her will be in her room as we live so far away, it's like a little bit of me will be there with her!


It was a very special day today sharing, via text and Facebook with Janice, the birth of her daughter.  Welcome to the world baby Josie!

No comments:

Post a Comment