Saturday 10 March 2012

La Quercia


Last night I went out for dinner with my Dunbar moms at one of my favourite local restaurants, La Quercia.  It was such a lovely treat to have an amazing meal with friends after a very hectic day which included: morning errands, Sydney's gymnastics graduation, appointment with my esthetician, impromptu sushi lunch with Syd, driving downtown to drop Daddy off at a conference, nap in the car, then off to our friend Lori's house for a playdate. 


I don't often plan this much in one day with Syd in tow, not sure how our day got so full, but we made it nevertheless.  Going out in the evenings has always been such a challenge for me since Sydney's been born.  She really likes to have Mommy around for her bedtime routine and especially hates waking up and finding that I'm not there.  After our very hectic day I was thrilled when Syd dropped exhausted into bed at 7:15.  I had plenty of time to get dressed and ready for dinner, it was the most relaxing stretch of my day.

I had visions of Sydney sleeping through until at least midnight and being home in plenty of time to be there when she woke briefly, like she always does, to lull her back to sleep.  That all went to pot when she woke up at 9:15 and started sobbing uncontrollably for me.  Sigh....it will get easier one day won't it?


La Quercia never disappoints, it is a boutique, quaint, authentic Italian restaurant that prides itself on amazing food made from the freshest and most interesting ingredients.  Because we had a large group for dinner last night, we had the "Alla famiglia dining" which basically meant ten lovely courses served family style to the entire table.  Everything was amazing, from the antipasti platters and gorgonzola brulee to the homemade ravioli and flat iron steak.  The courses just kept getting more and more amazing, risotto, roasted cauliflower salad, gnocci....I'm still dreaming about it.  I, of course, had no room for dessert so the server graciously packed up two amazing homemade cannoli for me which I readily enjoyed today.  We had some incredible wines to go along with dinner as well, it truly was an amazing, unforgettable meal!


If you live in Vancouver and haven't tried La Quercia, you simply must go.  I can't wait to go again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment