Wednesday 7 March 2012

Little Bird

 
This morning after art class, Sydney and I swung the front door open to get the mail, and discovered a wee little bird trembling and shaking on our front porch.  The poor thing looked as though it had the wind knocked out of it, it was gasping for air and was heaving over to one side.  It was such a sad sight!

Sydney was so interested in this little bird, especially when I told her that it was hurt and we had to help it.  Although as soon as I said it, I realized I had no idea how on earth to help this poor, ailing creature.  We watched it for a while until it became obvious that it wasn't going to make it, at which point I convinced Syd that it was time to close the door and let nature take it's course. 


Sydney kept asking me about the bird, she couldn't let it go, so we took a handful of birdseed from the birdhouse that she got from her friend Bea's party and gave it to the bird in hopes that she would then forget about it.


About an hour later, I popped my head out the door to see how it was doing and it looked remarkably better!  It was standing upright and breathing normally, just resting.  A few minutes later it was gone, presumably feeling well enough to fly away.  Phew!  I really wasn't wanting to have the whole 'circle of life' chat with Syd today!

We went to our last art class for the winter season at the Dunbar 4 Cats art studio today.  Sydney got to bring home two completed projects, her clay turtle and her Jackson Pollock splatter painting:



We had so much fun doing art class and are looking forward to another round of classes starting in a few weeks with Syd's buddy Weston joining us!

Was also excited to see that the parsley seeds that we planted a couple of weeks ago have sprouted!  We may have parsley in time for Passover yet!  I love watching things grow, I never grow tired of it!


Happy Spring, it's feeling more and more like it every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment