Tuesday 6 March 2012

A Little Bribe

 
Sydney has been sleeping in our bed with us for almost a full year now.  She loves being in the "big bed," as she calls it, for both her naps and at nighttime.  While I have to admit that I love snuggling up to her as I fall asleep, it is becoming increasingly disruptive to both Paul and I to have her in our bed with her nightly wake-ups and unexpected karate chops throughout the night!

I spent some time thinking about how I could make a positive transition for her into her own bed and decided that a little bribe might just be the trick.  Sydney loves Elmo and has been asking me to buy her an Elmo puppet for quite some time now.  So I told her that if she sleeps in her own bed for seven nights that I would buy her that much wanted Elmo puppet.  So far, so good, Elmo is some good motivation!


On Monday afternoon, while my Mother's Helper Eryn was here, I had she and Syd make up a sticker chart for the fridge to mark the seven nights.  Every morning when she wakes up in her own bed we put a sticker on the chart and when we get to seven she gets her Elmo puppet!  We made it through one night and as we speak she is sleeping in her bed working on night number two....we'll see how it goes.  I may need a good chiropractor at the end of the seven nights as I've been camping out on her floor while she adjusts to sleeping without me!!


Today after school Sydney and I met up with her Auntie Elaine and Bubbie for lunch at Whitespot.  It was Syd's inaugural visit to this restaurant, she was quite thrilled to get her own little pirate pack today complete with crayons and a colouring sheet!  It was fun to meet up with the ladies for lunch!

We also hit up Gymboree today as they were having an amazing sale on and got some very cute things for Syd.

Some new ladybug pajamas:


Big girl panties!


A couple of flower shirts:



And the cutest knit skirt, she used to have one similar to this when she was just a baby, I couldn't resist buying it!


And that was our Tuesday, hope yours was a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment