Thursday 29 March 2012

The Little Things




This week has been full of so many little things, that, compounded have made it such a great week!  We had our first gymnastics class of the season and our first art class for the spring session with our friends Lori and Weston.  We were also thrilled to see the wife of one of my past colleagues at Mackenzie and her little girl at art class and will look forward to seeing them there every week over the next while!  We also got to see Zach's new apartment, had a wonderful evening at the aquarium, and had a fun Passover Seder at preschool today.  It has been a full and fantastic week!

Here's a few of the highlights:

Syd's Art Plate


As a fundraiser at school, the kids got to have a personalized piece of artwork transferred onto a dinner plate to take home.  This is Sydney's finished product, I love it!  I really think she did such a great job with the colouring!  Will look forward to getting a couple more over her next few years at preschool and watching as her artwork changes each year!

Syd's Chinese Takeout Box Art Project


Syd made this very special box at school, glued every little piece on herself!  We're going to use it as a gift box for someone and will likely make a bunch more together and will use them to add a personalized touch to our gift wrapping!

Some New Jewellery for Mommy


I don't know what it is, but I have an obsession with jewellery lately!  I just love it and keep finding pieces I adore!  There was a market happening at the Jewish Community Centre this week, and I picked up a great sterling silver necklace and some earrings for myself.  So nice to have some new accessories to wear!

Lipstick & Mascara



Nothing quite brightens your day like buying a new lip gloss!  It has been ages since I got any new makeup, so I spent some time at the newly renovated MAC counter at the Bay at Oakridge this week and came away with a fabulous new lip gloss and their new False Lashes mascara.  I really felt fresher and prettier wearing some new makeup this week!

A Treat from Lori


My very sweet friend Lori brought Syd and I a little treat this week when we saw them at art class, this very cute box filled with homemade chocolate chip cookies!  What a lovely surprise and the perfect treat for Syd and her sweet tooth!!

A Gift for Josie


I had such fun putting together a little box of goodies to send my friend Janice's new baby Josie!  I couldn't resist her one last thing to put in the parcel, so picked up this super sweet dress and matching sunhat for her to wear this summer, at Gymboree.  Syd helped me decorate the outside of the parcel before we mailed it off!!

We really have had a very fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment