Sunday 25 March 2012

Portobello West

 
What a spectacular weekend we had in Vancouver!  It really felt like spring had arrived in style, we had two glorious days of perfectly blue skies and sun shining!  Couldn't have asked for more!  We spent a ton of time outdoors playing in the backyard, going for walks and hanging out with Syd at the park.  Felt great to get a little fix of Vitamin D!

On Saturday morning I took a little time to myself and went to the Portobello West Fashion and Art Market.  This wonderful market takes place a few times a year and showcases local artisans, jewellery makers and fashion designers amongst many other talented individuals.

I love going to markets like this and meeting and getting to know local designers.  They always are so hard working and proud of their products and produce the most amazing and unique things!  I could have spent the better part of the day wandering around leisurely looking at all of the amazing things!

I had to move swiftly though, as Paul was outside walking with Syd in the stroller and I knew that my time was limited before Syd would be ready to move on to the next activity.  So, I cruised by every booth and then went back to my favourite one and got myself a couple of new pieces of jewellery.

Twisted Gem Designs is owned by Lisa Dotto who creates some lovely classic, along with some more whimsical, pieces.  I ended up buying two gold filled pieces from her, a pair of earrings and a necklace, both of which are casual enough to wear on a daily basis but still pretty and interesting to look at!



I also came away with a stack of business cards from lots of other designers that I would love to check out online, this could be dangerous for my pocketbook!


I look forward to heading to their summer market in May to see more of the designers and getting to know a bit more about our local talent.  Come check it out if you live in the area, it's well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment