Sunday 18 March 2012

Recovery Weekend

 
This weekend has been all about full-on recovery mode after the incredibly awful time we had last week with everyone being down sick.  Sydney decided to be most gracious to me and slept in until 9:00am on Saturday morning.  It was so nice to have a little extra sleep to start the weekend!


After hanging out at home for the morning and running a couple of errands together we came home for a nap.  As soon as Syd fell asleep, I decided to pop out for an hour or so to myself, was it ever wonderful!!  I leisurely walked through the grocery store and picked up a few things for us to snack on.  I couldn't resist buying a new rosemary plant for my kitchen as the one I had was looking rather pathetic.  It makes my kitchen smell so lovely and fragrant and it is so nice to look at something lush and green growing in my window instead of the spindly half-dead plant that was there before!  Sydney and I had fun planting it together too, she loves digging in the dirt!


I also hit up my favourite dollar store, Dollarama, to get a few things for some Easter baskets that I am making up for a few of Sydney's closest friends.  I love this time of year and always look for any excuse to celebrate spring!  It will be fun to assemble the baskets and deliver them to her buddies!


This morning we did our usual walk to Granville Island.  It somehow felt sweeter today, all the usual little things that we did, Syd feeding the birds, having a coffee at JJ Bean, picking up a few of our favourite treats to bring home.  Such simple things, but ever so grateful to be healthy and well enough to spend a perfectly ordinary Sunday morning doing something we love together.

Here's to an uneventful week, filled with health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment