Monday 26 March 2012

Sydney Australia



When I am out and about with Sydney, at least once a day, I get stopped by a perfect stranger who comments on her gorgeous curly, red hair.  This often ends up turning into a longer than anticipated conversation and I usually get asked what her name is.  Now because I tend to speak quickly, when I say Sydney's name, about half the time people hear Cindy not Sydney.  So to avoid any confusion, I've taken to saying "Sydney, like Sydney, Australia" when people ask me what her name is.

Syd and I went to have her hair cut today.  It was the first really good, all over the head, cut.  She looks so different with little bangs and a sweet cut framing her face.  When Paul got home from work and saw her for the first time since her haircut, he jokingly said to her: "Who are you?" to which Sydney replied: "Sydney Australia."

Seems the poor love thinks that her full name is Sydney Australia because she's heard me say it so many times.  So funny!  I love all of the hillarious things that come out of her mouth these days.

I haven't ever been to Sydney, Australia, although from what I've heard, I know I am going to fall in love with it when I do get there.  I think one day me and Miss Sydney Australia are going to have to make the trip there just to see her namesake city!  

Almost everyday Sydney says to me: "I love ______ so much!"  Most of the time it's, I love Daddy so much, or I love school so much, or one of her toys.  The odd time she'll say she loves some random thing so much but the other morning she said to me "I love my boyfriend so much."  Trying hard not to laugh, I quickly asked her "Who's your boyfriend?"  to which she replied, "Elmo."  Phew!  I was worried that I was going to have some explaining to do when Daddy got home and heard that she had a boyfriend!!

When Syd was about a year old, my friend Barbara gave me this journal called "My Quotable Kid" to write down the funny things that she says so I wouldn't forget them.  At the time, it seemed like forever till I'd need it, but I find that I'm pulling it out more and more these days to write down the funny things that are coming out of Syd's mouth, I love it!


This afternoon I made a Blackberry Apple Crisp.  It was the perfect way to use up some apples that were getting past their prime and made for a lovely, comfort dessert this evening.


I decided to reinstate my weekly meal planning this week.  When I was single and working and living a crazy busy life, I was diligent about meal planning every week and shopping for all the necessary ingredients only once a week.  I've kind of gotten lazy about that being that I'm home all the time now and can run to the store at a moment's notice whenever I need to, plus going to the grocery store often makes a little outing for Syd and I.  I was finding that I was getting into a bit of a rut, making the same five or six dishes over and over for dinner so I hauled out my recipe books this weekend and jotted down my meal plan for the week:


We'll see how well I can keep to it.  So far, so good, although it is only Monday!  If I can keep doing this, it  may mean more interesting recipes popping up on this blog so it could be beneficial for all of us!

Hope you had a good start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment