Tuesday 20 March 2012

Sydney's Thinking...


Sydney has this cute little thing that she does lately where, out of the blue, she'll look at me with a face full of sincerity and say: "Mommy, Sydney's thinking."

To which, most often, I reply:  "What are you thinking, honey?"

Most of the time it's something like:

"Go to Emma's house on Sunday" or "Weston come to play tomorrow" or "Wild Sushi for lunch"

I love hearing what she's thinking.  From the moment she was born, I dreamed about the day that she and I could have full-blown conversations and I could hear her every thought.  I swear, I will never get tired of listening to what's on her mind!


The other day she was lounging in our bed for a few naked moments post-bath, when I heard the intriguing line:  "Mommy, Sydney's thinking."

"What are you thinking, honey?"

"Sydney miss Zach when new apartment"

Her brother Zach, who has lived with us since she was born, is moving to his own apartment at the end of this month.  I haven't been sure how to prepare her for this life-altering event.  She adores Zach, he adores her back.  She loves nothing more than to be sitting on his bed watching him get ready in the morning, or changed at the end of the day.  She just loves hanging out with him.  She's so right, she is really going to miss him when he goes to his new apartment!

This afternoon after school, Sydney had a surge of creative genuis, so she painted a masterpiece along with a couple of birthday cards, one for her friend Yael from school, who turned 3 today, and one for our friend Lori, who's birthday is later this week.  She was so cute, chattering away about each of them while making her creations! 




We made a zucchini loaf this afternoon for our friends Alexis and Tracy who are coming over for tea tomorrow morning.  I had a bag of small Italian zucchini that I got from Costco and was thinking that I would need at least half the bag to make the two cups of shredded zucchini that it called for.  You can imagine my surprise when I used just one and a half of the wee vegetables to get as much as I needed!  I need to find more recipes to use the rest of the bag up!  The loaf was delicious, it had a fresh, citrus kick with the addition of both orange and lemon zest.  Let's hope it's a hit with the kids tomorrow! 




I can't wait for tomorrow to hear what Sydney's thinking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment