Wednesday 25 April 2012

Curry Night



Last night, one of my Mom friends, Harv, invited the Dunbar group of Moms over for a late night curry fest at her beautiful new home in Kerrisdale.  Harv and her husband bought a 108 year old home in the heart of Kerrisdale and renovated the inside to completely meet their needs.  It is such a beautiful mix of old and new and has such amazing character, we so enjoyed the tour through every nook and cranny of this amazing house!

All of us arrived at Harv's place after putting our kids to bed for the night, so by the time we all arrived it was well after 9:00.  We drank wine and enjoyed the most amazing Indian street food that Harv had prepared for us.  She also drove all the way to Surrey that morning to a relative's restaurant to bring us some world famous spinach stuffed naan bread.  It was to die for!


We chatted and drank until we were so hungry we could hardly stand it, as the amazing aroma of homemade curry cooking away on the stove filled the house.  We filled our faces with incredible chicken curry, rice, naan bread and eggplant bharta.  I was so full that I literally could hardly stand up when dinner was done!


It was so so fun to have dinner with the Moms, we had such a wonderful visit together.  I love how I get to know more and more about everyone's history and lives every time we get together.  Our friendships that started on the mutual ground of having babies roughly the same age, are being woven together through all of these wonderful experiences that we are having together.  It is awesome.  I love having a group of Moms in my neighborhood that I can call my friends!

Special thanks to my very pregnant friend Lori, who has selflessly been our designated driver to these events for the past eight months....we owe her more than a few rides and bottles of wine once that baby's born!


No comments:

Post a Comment