Monday 23 April 2012

Lunch with Sarah and Emma

 
What a full and fun Monday Little Miss Syd and I had today!  I have been on the hunt for a new housekeeper ever since the one that I loved so much fell and broke her leg while snowboarding.  This morning, I was scheduled to have the sweetest girl from the UK, with a ton of experience cleaning professionally, come by at 9:00am for an interview.

Now, given that Sydney is usually up at 6am, it shouldn't be a stretch to be dressed and ready to answer your door by 9:00am but this morning seemed to evaporate and I was running with my hair on fire to get out of my pajamas and look at least semi-human before this gal arrived.

I have to admit, that I had secretly decided that I was going to hire this lady either way, based on her experience and the polite manner in which she communicated by e-mail.  That was the plan, until she failed to show up for her interview with me at all this morning.  I angrily looked at my pajamas in a heap on the bedroom floor, thinking that I could still be cuddled inside of them, and for a moment even contemplated putting them back on, but decided that she wouldn't get the better of me and we'd get on with our day!

So I took Sydney off to gymnastics.  She was an absolute firecracker today!  Totally did not want to follow the circuit, just wanted to jump like a maniac on the trampolines and perform numerous death-defying feats on the other pieces of equipment.  Not sure what got into her today but it's nothing short of a miracle that we didn't leave without a major head injury!

We hustled home from gymnastics to meet up with our most favourite friends, Emma and Sarah for lunch.  Sarah is one of my best mom friends.  She and I have had such similar experiences with our girls, we definitely have an affinity for each other and what's so awesome is that our girls do too!  Emma and Syd play so nicely together, they rarely scuffle over toys and sincerely enjoy each other's company.  It's so awesome.  They were both perched in booster seats at the kitchen table for lunch today and were laughing and giggling almost the whole way through the meal!  Not sure what was so funny, but they clearly had an inside joke that was cracking them up!


After lunch, my Mother's Helper Eryn came over and played with both the girls for a while and Sarah and I sat and had a pot of tea together in the kitchen.  About five minutes in to our tea Sarah looked at me and said, "Do you know that in the two and a half years that I've known you, this is the first time that we've ever had a chance to be alone without kids, husbands or other Moms around?"  It seemed funny, seeing Sarah and I are so close, that we had never done anything just on our own!  I'm thinking we'll have to plan a special time out, just she and I, to make sure that it happens again!

Sarah brought me a gorgeous bouquet of orange and yellow tulips today.  They looked so bright and spring-like in my kitchen, brightened up the whole room!


Emma brought Sydney a very special treat too, a box filled with mini cupcakes from the Cupcakes shop on Broadway.  Sydney is the hugest cupcake fan, she was only too thrilled to get this box of treasured cupcakes today, she could hardly wait to finish lunch so that she could devour a few!


We spent a long, leisurely afternoon together visiting and playing with the kids, it was so nice to not have to rush off to be anywhere and to have some concentrated time together!

Sydney and I ended our day off by going to our second Mom and Tot yoga class late this afternoon.  Sydney is starting to participate more and more, today she was dancing around and rolling and unrolling her yoga mat all throughout class.  It is great fun!

Check out the decorating that Syd did around the TV this evening while we were eating dinner, she was quite proud of herself!


So all in all a great start to the week!  Nothing like a full and busy Monday to get things rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment