Thursday 5 April 2012

Spring

 
I have been remiss at updating my blog this week, trying desperately to get a few extra hours of sleep instead of spending time on the computer while we're all fighting off our 100th cold of the season!  I've missed doing my daily updates, despite us feeling so lousy, we have had a good week!

Tomorrow is Good Friday and also the start of Passover.  We had fun doing a few things for Easter this week.  Syd and I decided to make a batch of sugar cookies and decorate them with Smarties for a few of her friends.  We had fun delivering them today!


Sydney got a very special package in the mail today addressed directly to her, a little Easter treat from Grandma and Grandpa!  Syd was so excited to get a parcel in the mail, she sat down on the front door step and ripped it open immediately when I told her it was for her!  Grandma sent a very cool egg decorating kit, with a neat holder to hold the egg while you colour in the stencil with markers, very cool!  She also sent some very pretty felt butterfly stickers which came at the perfect time just as we were heading out to deliver cookies, so we decorated the top of the plates with them!


Our friend Lori gave Sydney a little Easter present today too, a baggie filled with such sweet little things that Syd loved!  She even found some retro "Shrinky Dinks", for those of you born in the 70's you totally know what I'm talking about!  Remember colouring those little plastic pictures and then putting them in the oven and watching them shrink and harden and then using them for ornaments or keychains?  They still live on, and Syd and I are going to take an afternoon to make some and re-live the memories!


I've been finding a lot of this in Sydney's room lately:


She loves to lay out outfits on the floor, choosing carefully to find things that she thinks will look pretty together and it most often involves a skirt.  It's adorable!  I can see in the days ahead that she is going to have a strong mind of her own when it comes to her wardrobe but for now I am relishing in the fact that I can pretty much dress her in whatever I want! 

Speaking of getting dressed, my poor wardrobe is looking rather pathetic so I took a little trip down to H&M this morning and found a few new things for the spring/summer season.  The best find of the day is this tunic style dress which I am going to wear to dinner for the first night of Passover tomorrow night.  It looks so pretty on, very feminine and stylish!  It feels so nice to have something new to wear!


There were lots more great things to share about this week but I will keep it short tonight so that I can crawl into bed and hopefully sleep off the last bit of this wretched cold! 

Wishing you all a very happy long weekend, may it be filled with sun and celebrations and enjoying all the amazing things that spring brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment