Monday 30 April 2012

A Weekend Away



Sydney and I just got home from a fabulous weekend away in Seattle with cousin Mel.  I love shopping in the states.  Before Syd was born, I would drive across the border at least once a month to hit up all of my favourite stores that never found their way to Canada.  I became the resident expert on where to find deals on amazing things in the state of Washington! 

I especially love factory outlets and had been dreaming about visiting the Seattle Premium Outlets for months, so my cousin Mel and I decided that we would plan a girls weekend away to shop in Seattle and did we ever have a great time!


We left early on Sunday morning, headed straight to Target at Bellis Fair and loaded up on all the staples there before driving on to Burlington.  Sydney fell asleep just as we arrived at the outlets there, so Melanie and I took turns shopping and sitting in the car with her, hitting up the Carter's kids and Osh Kosh outlets for some very cute clothes for Sydney and Melanie's niece Kaylee. 

By the time Syd woke up we were all getting a bit hungry, so we headed to the Olive Garden for a delicious lunch.  Sydney loved it there, happily munching away on their amazing bottomless bread sticks and a yummy bowl of macaroni and cheese that tasted like homemade! 




We rolled out of Olive Garden, stuffed to the gills and drove to our hotel, the Tulalip Resort and Spa.  What a lovely hotel this is! I had stayed here several times before but had forgotten how fantastic the rooms and amenities are here!  Sydney was so excited to go swimming, so as soon as we checked in we threw on our bathing suits and headed to the pool for a quick dip before heading to the factory outlets for a quick shop before they closed for the evening.


On the way home we stopped off at the Walmart and Mel picked up an amazing bottle of wine for us to share that evening.  We got back to the hotel and hunkered down for the night, snacking and enjoying our wine, playing with Syd and watching TV. 


At about 9:00 it was becoming evident that Sydney didn't want to miss a minute of the girls weekend and was staying up late, so we ordered room service and ate a late dinner together!
The food arrived on a rolling table, complete with a vase of flowers and teeny tiny bottles of condiments, it was all very fancy.  We rolled the table in between our beds and sat in our jammies, feet dangling off the bed, eating our dinner.  It was awesome!  Syd thought that it was quite cool that she could eat french fries in bed!  Mel and I kept giggling to each other that this was so much better than eating out, being able to dine in our pajamas was awesome!



We all eventually dozed off and woke up to a leisurely morning together.  After getting ready and checking out of the hotel we headed off to IHOP for breakfast and then back to the factory outlets to do some serious shopping!  I have been on a mission to get my wardrobe back into somewhat decent shape, so I hit up the Banana Republic outlet while Mel took Syd for a ride around the outlets in a little red car cart that we rented from Customer Service.  I ended up coming out of the store with a heap of clothes and jewellery and picked up a couple of pairs of shoes for myself too, it felt great!

We headed home after a quick stop at the Panda Express for take-out to bring home for dinner tonight and enjoyed a fun evening with Paul.  Sydney was very happy to see her Daddy, I think she really missed him!

It was such a nice treat to get away for a couple of days and to do some shopping.  I am so happy to have come home with some great clothes for myself and really enjoyed the girls time too!  Sydney was such a good girl the whole time away too, I hope that this is the first of many shopping trips to the states that my girl and I will have together!

No comments:

Post a Comment