Tuesday 8 May 2012

An Afternoon in the Sun

 
My friend Sarah and I decided that we wanted to get our girls together to play this afternoon after they were both out of preschool.  We hadn't really nailed down our plans, just left our afternoon free and after a few phone calls and text messages decided to meet in Kits at the Capers and walk with the kids to the playground.

It was such a beautiful day today, sunny but not too hot, the air was sweet and fresh.  It felt so good to be outside with no coats on and to watch Emma and Syd run and play and enjoy being outdoors without being bundled up! 

The park that we went to had lots of wild flowers growing in it.  Sydney decided that she was going to pick me a bouquet and spent the better part of a half hour running around picking flowers and delivering them to me.  I had great plans of saving them all and putting them in a vase when we got home so that I could get some pictures for the blog, but alas, they never quite made it home!

We stopped for a coffee at Arbutus Coffee on the way home.  Sat outside on a tipsy table that was pointed straight downhill.  My coffee cup kept sliding right off, it was hillarious!  We sat next to a guy with possibly the cutest puppy I have ever seen in my life.  Sydney was enthralled with it and it loved her back!  Kept peeking around the flower box between our table and stretching out to see her, it was so sweet!  While we were sitting there,  our friend Kate happened to walk by and sat down to have a visit with us, it was a lovely unexpected visit together! 


It was such a lovely free and easy afternoon.  Made me long for the long lazy days of summer when we have little to no scheduled activities and can just let the day slowly unfold before us.  Love it!

Today's photo of the day is inspired by 'a smell that you adore':


I do adore this smell.  I often bury my nose into Syd's hair just to get a whiff of her and the sweet smell of Johnson's baby shampoo.  I'm going to use this shampoo on her as long as I humanly can just to preserve the smell of my sweet baby.  In fact, I may just pack a bottle of it in her suitcase when she leaves for college....best smell in the world!

Hope you had a happy Tuesday too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment