Friday 11 May 2012

Back in the Saddle

 
This morning started super early....like before 6am early.  I was heading to the office with Paul to help him with a surgery case that was starting bright and early this morning.  Sydney was meant to spend the morning with her Auntie Elaine, but at the last minute she couldn't watch her, so instead she and Paul's receptionist Tamara spent the morning together playing at Paul's office while I assisted with Paul's patient.

Poor Syd wasn't quite ready to get up so early.  I put her to bed in a t-shirt and leggings instead of pajamas so that I could just pick her up right out of bed and pop her into her car seat early in the morning.  I packed a basket full of snacks and toys, crayons and stickers and lots of fun things to keep her occupied for what was meant to be a couple of hours.  Poor kid ended up being there for five hours as the surgery ended up being much more involved than we had anticipated!  She had a fun time playing with Tamara but was so happy to see me when I finally got back to the office!

It actually felt really great to be back at work for a moment.  Paul and I have always worked so well together, it really reminded me of the great synergy that we always had working as a team!  It was a fun morning and good to dust off the old assisting skills for the first time in a long time!

Paul and I spent a fun afternoon with Syd after our busy morning, went for sushi together and then to Dunbar Park, Sydney's latest favourite haunt. 


It was a full day and I am fast fading so will make it a quick post today!  Had to include some pictures of this tree which has just gone into full bloom in our garden, it is so colourful and beautiful!!




The word for the photo a day for today is kitchen.  Here's my kitchen:


I really do love my kitchen.  I spend the majority of my day in this room, cooking, cleaning, chatting, making memories with Syd.

Here are a few of my favourite things in my kitchen:

The fruit bowl, Sydney loves taking all the fruit out and telling me what each piece is and peeling all the stickers off the fruit:


My garlic keeper.  I have started a collection of this pottery made by a local artisan and love this speckled blue garlic keeper!


My cluster of bottles.  Everything I need to whip up a quick salad dressing or to get started cooking dinner!


My Kitchen Aid stand mixer, my absolute favourite kitchen appliance!


The bay window.  Where my plants and fresh flowers live and the spot that overlooks the backyard.  This is my view while I'm doing dishes, I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment