Saturday 12 May 2012

Backyard BBQ


What an amazing day it was today!  The temperature must have gotten up to 23 degrees, it felt like a summer day!  We had such a nice day together as a family today.  Early this morning Paul fired up the power washer and cleaned the entire indoor atrium area that our house is built around.  It looked so amazing when it was done, clean as a whistle and fresh and new!

While Paul was power washing Syd and I were getting a few things organized around the house and decided to pull the patio furniture out of the garage for the season.  It's always a special day when that happens, truly means that summer has arrived!  We got it all set up in the backyard and ready for dinner outdoors!

While we were lounging in the backyard in the sun I decided to paint my toenails.  Sydney just couldn't resist getting hers done too, and much to Dad's shagrin, Mom obliged.  Her little feet looked so sweet with nail polish on them, although I have to admit that I like the look of her sweet little nails all fresh and natural the best!!


We headed out to run a few errands and have a quick visit with Zach at his new apartment.  While I was out, I picked up a couple of bottles of wine at the liquor store and these two teeny tiny bottles of pink bubbles that I am saving to take to my friend Lori as soon as she has her little baby girl, which could be any day now!!  I can't wait to toast the new sweet babe with her and these fun bottles of champagne!


This evening we headed over to our friend Ryan and Christina's house for a barbeque along with our friends Lori and Marcus.  It was such a beautiful evening and we had a great visit with everyone!  Christina is a lovely host, makes everyone feel so comfortable and at ease!  She made the most amazing burgers with Portobello mushrooms in them, delicious!  The kids played so nicely too, they were just happy to be outside and roaming free. It was a great evening together!


Today's photo of the day is 'something that makes me happy':


Sydney's new strawberry sunglasses, I love them, they are adorable on her and I love that the sun is shining and she gets to wear them so much these days!

We've had a wonderful start to our weekend, looking forward to a fun filled Mother's Day with my girl tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment