Wednesday 16 May 2012

Beefing up the Backyard




What a fabulous day Syd and I had together today!  After art class this morning, we headed off to Kits Beach to meet up with Sarah and Emma to have a picnic.  The kids had so much fun playing together and it was so awesome having our first picnic of the season.  I was so excited, packed enough food to feed the entire beach and spread out our blanket ready to spend the afternoon parked in one spot.  The girls, however, wanted to run and play so we spent most of our time chasing after them!


On our way home from the picnic, Sydney and I stopped off to do a little shoe shopping for her.  It seems that all of her shoes are getting a little on the small side these days and so I thought I'd better get her a couple of pairs to get us through the summer.  Picked up a super cute pair of pink, sparkly Toms which I had been eyeing for a while:


And got her this great pair of Geox runners, they light up when she walks, she loves them!


We spent the rest of the afternoon assembling our brand new barbecue!  I am so excited to have a new grill this season!  It looks fantastic in our backyard!


I have really been on a roll in wanting to get our backyard summer ready these days.  Yesterday when I was at IKEA, I picked up a play tent for Sydney.  Early this morning, we snuck outside in our jammies and set it up in the backyard.  Sydney loved it!  She decided to take her breakfast outside and eat it sitting in the tent, so cute!


She has been loving her little swimming pool these days too!  She literally throws everything she can find into it and then plants herself in the middle of the pool happily playing with it all.  So funny!


I even had to pick up a few more sand toys today for some sunny days at the beach that are hopefully in our future!  Am ridiculously excited for summer this year!!


The photo for the day for today is 'what I'm reading'.


I have three books on the go right now, a light, medium and heavy read.  It's nice to find a few quiet moments at the end of my day to read a bit, it's a luxury I haven't had for quite some time since my babe's arrival but I sure do enjoy reading a good book!


No comments:

Post a Comment