Thursday 10 May 2012

Busy Day!


 
What a busy Thursday we had today!  The day seemed to fly by in a blur!  Lots of fun though!  First thing this morning I made a batch of my No-Knead Cheese Bread which had been sitting on the counter for 24 hours and was ready to bake!  It turned out so well with huge pockets of cheese inside!  Sydney loved it, ate about a quarter of the loaf for breakfast today!


The weather has been absolutely amazing for the past few days, warm, sunny days, feels almost like summer already!  The other day, Paul, Syd and I were out for a walk when Paul dropped behind a couple of paces.  When he caught up with us again, he handed me this:


I love lilacs, absolutely adore the smell and was so happy to see that they had started blooming already! 

Sydney headed off to school today with a special friend:


Her class had a teddy bear picnic today, it was very sweet.  They made homemade trail mix and then took their bears outside, laid down a picnic blanket and had a story time and picnic outdoors.  It was so cute!

When I came to pick her up, she handed me this:


It's a magnet for the fridge, she painted the background paper and the teachers cut out a poem, laminated them and put magnets on the back for each of the moms in the class for Mother's Day.  It was so sweet!  My first Mother's Day gift especially from my girl!

While Syd was at school I took the opportunity to drive to South Granville to check out the opening of The Latest Scoop, a pop up store that has found a new space for the next six weeks.  I have had such good luck shopping here in the past and was excited to get some new things.  I came away with just one thing, this very fun pair of super skinny turquoise stretch jeans:




I also picked up some beautiful ceramic birdhouses that I am going to deliver to a few of my Mom friends along with cards for Mother's Day tomorrow afternoon.  I have so many amazing moms in my life and wanted a way to acknowledge how much their presence in my life means to me!


I also hit up Anthropologie and got a great pair of cream linen pants and a top.  I am loving that my wardrobe is slowly being built up again!

After school we headed downtown and met up with my brother for lunch.  It was fun to have a visit with him and catch up on what he's been up to!

Today's Photo a Day picture is 'a favourite word.'


Synergy is one of my favourite words.  Wikipedia defines it as:  two or more things functioning together to produce a result not independently obtainable.  I have found synergy a few times in the past with work colleagues and friends, but didn't fully understand the word until I had a baby and realized what a beautiful and perfect synergy she and I have together.  


Happy Thursday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment