Friday 18 May 2012

Charlotte's Housewarming

 

What a full and fabulous Friday it was today!  Sydney was so excited to wake up and find Grandma here!  We spent a quiet couple of hours at home having breakfast and getting ready for our day before heading off to music class with Grandma in tow!  It was so fun having her there, she jumped right in and participated with the best of them, it was great!

After music class we played with Syd for a bit at the park and then went to KJM Country Gardens in Southlands.  This nursery is one of my favourite hidden places in the city.  It is a lovely oasis just minutes from our home, feels like a trip to the country to head there!  They have chickens and goats, ponies and horses and a cat that Sydney adores.  We had such fun looking at the animals and plants!

We topped our afternoon off with lunch at Wild Sushi, introduced Grandma to one of my favourite Japanese dishes, Oyako Donburi.  She loved it!

Grandma is spending the long weekend with my sister and her family so we drove her out to meet up with them this afternoon.  Looking forward to having her back for a few more days of fun on Monday!

This evening I sneaked out for a few hours to my friend Charlotte's fabulous new apartment for her housewarming party.  What a fantastic space she has, light and bright and overlooking a beautiful swimming pool!  Charlotte and I worked together at Mackenzie Financial and she invited several of the girls from the office over to christen her new apartment.  It was so fun to see everyone and have a visit and catch up!  I miss hanging out with those girls on a daily basis!

The photo for the day is 'something I made'.  I made a very nice fruit and cheese platter to take to Charlotte's house tonight, and alas, forgot to take a picture of it before I left, so the only other thing that I actually made on this very busy day was this:


That's right, good old Kraft Dinner.  Sydney's staple dinner on nights when Mom's going out! 

Grandma brought some more great treats for us, some board books for Sydney and a new selection of Joe Fresh clothes:


Grandma never forgets to bring a few treats for Paul and I too and got us some yummy pistachios and chocolate covered cranberries along with some socks for Paul.  I love getting little treats when my Mom comes!


She also brought a stack of vintage kids LP records that her friend Helen gave her for Syd's playroom.  They will fit perfectly in the frames that we have hanging in the playroom right now and will complete the room!  I am so excited to get them up and framed, they are just too cute!



I also hit up the Gap this week and found some amazing deals on their designer line by Diane Von Furstenberg.  Just love the little skirted bathing suit and dress and cardigan along with the Bermuda shorts!
 




Will leave you for the day with a picture of Sydney's latest creation from art class:


Hope you all have a lovely long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment