Monday 28 May 2012

An Evening Out


 
This morning and my week got off to such a nice start!  My friend Christina sent me a text early this morning to see if Sydney and I wanted to come over for coffee at their place before we both headed off to gymnastics.  Syd and I had had a bit of a sleep in, but we quickly finished up our breakfast, got dressed and welcomed the chance for an impromptu visit with our friends.


I don't know if if was something about being in Christina's cozy kitchen on a rainy Monday morning, drinking warm coffee and fresh blueberry muffins, but something about this morning made us get into a deep and meaningful conversation very quickly.  She and I understand each other in a very deep sense, we have an affinity with each other and I love it. 

We both headed off to gymnastics class with the kids and after a quick stop at my esthetician's for a little waxing, headed off to Kokopelli for lunch.  We managed to squeeze in a little visit to the dollar store in Kerrisdale so that Syd could stock up on a few essentials: colouring books, stickers and scissors.  She could have easily filled her basket with goodies she "needed"! 


I had resolved that today I was going to focus on Sydney a lot.  She has been really challenging me a lot lately, testing the boundaries and asserting her independence in ways that makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes.  Yesterday was particularly challenging with her, so I thought that I would make a greater effort to focus on her today, giving her tons of attention and listening more closely to her cues.  As a result, today was a much easier day with her, it was a good reminder that sometimes my attitude can make all the difference!

We went to another yoga class this afternoon, Sydney is starting to participate more and more now, it's very cool to see her learn the drill in class.  I love it too, it's fast becoming one of our favourite activities.

This evening my friend Sarah coordinated a Moms night out and a group of us went for dinner at Glowbal restaurant downtown.  What a lovely time we had!  Great service, great food and good company!  Sydney slept like an angel the whole time I was gone, first time ever!  I'm almost afraid to say it but maybe we've rounded a corner with my being able to go out in the evenings....we'll have to wait and see!  I had the most amazing paella risotto along with Kobe meatballs for an appetizer and a lovely red wine to boot.  A fantastic evening with the Moms! 


The photo for the day is 'the weather today':


Sadly, this is what the weather looked like today, such a change from yesterday!

What a wonderful day to start off my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment