Friday 25 May 2012

Friday



Wow, did this week sure fly by!  It has been a full and fun week.  This morning Syd and I had a few quiet hours to ourselves before we headed off to her music class.  It was nice to spend some time straightening up a few things around the house and playing together in her playroom.  Here is my little artist at work this morning creating her latest masterpiece which she called 'big green dinosaur':


I took some time this morning to hang up the vintage kid's LP records that my Mom had brought me from home, in Sydney's playroom.  I love how they look!  It really completes the room!


This afternoon Syd and I hauled up at the spa for an hour and I had a lovely, relaxing pedicure.  My toes look so bright and happy now and so ready for the summer.  I am excited to crack out all of my most favourite sandals now that my feet are summer ready!


The word for the photo for the day today is 'unusual'.  I wandered around the house today, thinking that it had been a perfectly ordinary day today, nothing very unusual at all.  Then I walked into Sydney's room and realized that it was meticulously clean.  That, my friends, is unusual in my life!


Sydney is really into her clothes right now, loves choosing her own outfits, right down to the socks, shoes and outerwear.  She also loves pulling almost everything out of her closet and dresser when she is picking something to wear, so most days her room has a mountain of clothes lying all over the floor from her exhaustive wardrobe selection.  This morning I enlisted her help to get everything back in it's rightful place and lo and behold if the room didn't stay clean for pretty much the rest of the day!  I'll enjoy it while I can, because goodness knows, it won't last!

We took a mid-afternoon jaunt to McDonalds for an ice cream cone and french fries, Sydney's treat for being such a good girl at the spa while I was getting my toes done.  My girl loves herself a good cone and fries!  She insists upon sitting in the baby highchair when we're there, it's quite funny actually!


We had a couple of things planned for this afternoon, both of which cancelled on us, so Sydney graciously had a long sleep while I basked in the sunshine in the backyard with a glass of wine...can't think of a better way to end the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment