Tuesday 15 May 2012

An Impromptu Afternoon at the Beach



Wow, today totally flew by!  Another gorgeous day in Vancouver!  Early this morning I took Syd outside to shoot some pictures of her in front of the lilac bush that is almost in full bloom.  The summer before Syd was born, Paul and I planted this lilac bush in our front yard and every year, like Sydney, it has grown more and more beautiful.  I always think of it as being Syd's lilac bush, she even calls it "Sydney's lilacs!"



This year is no exception, we have the most blooms we've ever had, it is gorgeous and fragrant and I want to soak up every second of it being in bloom while I can because it lasts for such a short time!  I feel the same way about Syd these days, I quite literally want to soak up all the time that I can with her because I know that before I know it, I'll turn around and she'll be all grown up!!


This afternoon my friend Christina called me up to see if Syd and I were up for a spur-of-the-moment trip to the beach with her and Jack.  Being that it was such a gorgeous afternoon, and that Syd and I were just lounging around, we gladly accepted the offer, packed our beach bag and headed off to Jericho Beach for the afternoon. 


It was so beautiful there, the sun was shining, the kids were running and digging happily in the sand and Christina and I had a lovely visit.  Throw in a glass of wine and it would have been pure perfection! 

When we got home from the beach, Syd decided that she was in a swimming sort of mood so she stripped off her clothes and went for her first swim of the season in her little plastic swimming pool in the back yard.  She had so much fun splashing and playing in the water, I love that it feels like summer has arrived!

Syd dropped into bed super early today after all that fresh air so I took advantage of having a few extra hours this evening and drove out to the brand new IKEA store in Richmond to get a few things.  It is a huge, huge store filled with some very fun things for the house!  Worth checking out for sure!


The photo of the day for today is love.  I have a million photos that I could share that capture this word, all of them include my precious babe.  Here is one of my favourite ones that my friend Sarah took of Syd and I when she was about six months old.  All I see on my face is sheer love, I think that's why I love the picture so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment