Sunday 13 May 2012

Mother's Day

 
What a wonderful, wonderful Mother's Day I had today!  We woke up to the most spectacular morning, sun shining, blue sky and twenty degree weather!  Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!  Before I had even woken up this morning, the text messages and e-mails started pouring in from my Mom friends wishing me a Happy Mother's Day!  I love having a community of Moms that I share Motherhood with!

When I got downstairs to the kitchen this morning I found a very special card waiting for me that Sydney and Daddy had written together.  Inside was the sweetest, most thoughtful words.  Daddy tells me that they were directly translated from what Sydney told him to say to me.  It was such a lovely way to start my morning!


I got a beautiful card in the mail from my Mom too and one from my friend Sarah:



We hung out together at home for a few hours this morning and then headed over to Paul's Mom's house to see her.  Every year for the past several years we have searched high and low for beautiful lilacs that we could pick to give Paul's Mom for Mother's Day and it has become a wonderful tradition of ours to hunt them down and bring them to her every Mother's Day.  Today Paul found an amazing bunch of lilacs and it was so nice to see the look of joy on his Mom's face when she smelled the fragrant blooms.  You could just tell that the smell brought back wonderful memories for her, it was very sweet!



Paul took Sydney and I to the Mother's Day brunch at the Richmond Country Club today.  Sydney got all dressed up for the occasion in her sweet little halter dress.  It was such a sensational brunch, everything from omelette and waffle making stations, to perogies, salmon, lamb chops and eggs benedict along with the most amazing salad and dessert bars.  They really outdid themselves this year!  We ate and ate and rolled out of there happily stuffed!


This afternoon Zach came by and the four of us spent the afternoon just lazing in the sun in the backyard.  It felt like a long, lazy summer day!  Paul told me for my Mother's Day gift this year that he was going to let me loose in the liquor store with his credit card to buy myself a case of wine, as I'd been going on and on about all these great new wines that I was dying to try.  I was meant to go out this afternoon to choose my wine, but just couldn't bear to leave as we were having such a lovely time together relaxing in the sun!  I'll have to make a special trip to the wine store to pick up my present a little later this week!

Sydney was such a good girl all day today, it was almost as if she knew that today was a special day and that she should behave for me!  As I was putting her to bed tonight she looked up at me and said, completely unprompted, in the sweetest, smallest voice "Happy Mother's Day".  It brought tears to my eyes.  I am so lucky to be a Mom and have such a sweet, sweet girl!  She is the best thing in my life, hands down and I truly do love being her Mom!

Speaking of Moms, the photo of the day for today is, of course, meant to capture Mom so here's a picture of my Mom holding Syd when she was just a couple of months old.  I sure did miss being with my Mom today, although I did have a wonderful chat with her on the phone.  Am looking forward to her coming for a visit this week! 


Happy Mother's Day to all of the great Momma's I know out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment